Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Vegan Halloween Party for Kids

My family always did Halloween big. It is my favorite holiday. I am sure having a sweet tooth might have something to do with this. Once we had kids, I knew we'd enjoy having a party for the under three crowd. We had delicious food and drinks, dancing, cupcakes, and games. I can't speak for the other parents, but our kids slept well the night after the party. Evelyn had a great time, and our son didn't want it to end.


Although half of the children at the party were vegan, it didn't really matter as I think most families would say it was a Halloween party that just happened to be vegan. We ate peanut butter and jelly bat sandwiches, fruit, chips & pretzels, spring rolls, pita with hummus, and cupcakes. Since we have two little kids, we kept it simple. The owl cupcakes did take awhile, but turned out really nice. They were Chocolate Peanut Butter Oreo cupcakes. You can get the recipe here. I also made pumpkin spice cupcakes with maple frosting. It was my second time making them after tweaking the recipe.





Another treat we made for the party was mulled apple cider. My son loves juice and probably would have drank his weight in this stuff if we had let him.



We sent everyone home with goody bags with vegan homemade chocolates, Chew-ets, white chocolate ghost suckers, and Skittles (be sure to check before buying them, there are still ones with gelatin out there). The games had prizes like books from the dollar section at Target, stickers, crayons, etc. We also had little bags pretzels shaped like bats and pumpkins. All in all it was a good time. I'll end this post with a picture of some youngins getting down with their bad selves.


1 comment:

  1. Great party-All 4 of us loved it! Anna is still enjoying her candy. She especially loves unwrapping the ghost suckers.

    ReplyDelete