Monday, June 4, 2012

Vegan Food Swap: May

Hello, I haven't fallen off of the face of the planet. We've had a crazy past couple months with my neck disk issues and our Beagle Polly was diagnosed with a ruptured disk in her back. Her care required a lot of stay at home time/snuggling, which has kept us plenty busy.

I'm happy to report, she has been doing well thus far after being weened off of her pain meds. Anywho, onto the vegan food swap....

It is organized by Cat from The Verdant Life, and I have a huge thank you to send to her for setting it all up. What a fantastic idea!

This was my first month participating and it is fun to get a surprise package in the mail. Who wouldn't want that?? Mine came from Miranda from Royal Blue, who lives in the city where I was born ( I'm now living in the midwest). It is a small world after all.

Here is a picture of the loot:



Oolong tea, roasted seaweed sheets, and a gluten free baking mix.

The tea is absolutely delicious and my kids are seriously addicted to roasted seaweed. They wholeheartedly approved of this part of the surprise package!

My plan is to make some sort of vegan, gluten-free baked item using the tea and baking mix. We've got a birthday party coming up here soon, so it'll probably be next week. Glad to be back, and had a great time participating in the Vegan Food Swap!

Elisa from Elisa in Real Life, blogged about what I sent to her. Check it out!

If you are interested in participating, click here.

1 comment:

  1. what a delicious bunch of goodies! i need to try these seaweed sheets...i've heard so much about them! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete